Finding Shalom: A Staytreat at Home with TVC Women
More than 115 ladies gathered virtually for the 2020 TVC Women’s Staytreat on May 2nd focusing on the subject “Finding Shalom.” It was a deeply meaningful time with our worship led by Kristyn & Keith Getty, wise and scripture steeped talks from our own Curate, Kim Thomas — a three part teaching that focused on The Peace of Christ, The Presence of The Holy Spirit and The Promise of God the Father.
We also had small group discussions in Zoom Breakouts, a beautiful coloring sheet created by Elizabeth Foster Detwiler and a Missions project where we supported Begin Anew, a local ministry that empowers individuals to overcome obstacles caused by poverty.
We ended our time in prayer led by our Director of Women’s Ministry, Molly Jones and were also reminded of the wonderful ways we can continue to stay connected. We hope to see you along the way at one of our fantastic Women’s Small Groups that meet weekly or Connect for Virtual Coffee!
MUSIC & TEACHINGS:
We were led in musical worship by Kristyn and Keith Getty. These were our songs from the day:
• It Is Well
• Holy Spirit, Living Breath of God
• Christ Our Hope in Life and Death
• “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” — John 14:27
• “Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, ‘Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,’ even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.” — Psalm 139:7-12
• “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” — 2 Corinthians 6:16b