As the year comes to a close, many individuals and businesses are wrapping up their fiscal calendars as well. While tax time isn’t until April 15, donations need to be made – and recorded! – before the end of the calendar year in order to be included in your annual TVC giving statement to be reported on your taxes. We get a number of questions each year about end of year giving, online statements – even stock donations – so we want to make sure we give you all the information you need in plenty of time to take action.
If you’re planning to make a year-end gift to The Village Chapel, there are deadlines for getting donations reported on your annual giving statement for tax purposes. Online donations must be processed by December 31 and mailed checks must be postmarked by December 29. The last day for offering box donations is the final Sunday of the year, while typically stock donations need to be initiated earlier. If you have questions please email [email protected].
- Online Transactions – All online transactions must be processed by December 31 in order to be reported on your giving statement.
- Mailed Checks – Mailed, written checks need to not just contain a date, they must also be postmarked no later than December 29.
- Offering Box Donations – All donations received during the final Sunday offering in December will be applied.
- Stock-Related Donations – We have NEW stock instructions for 2023. All stock donations typically need to be initiated by an earlier date to ensure the transfer is complete and funds received by TVC before December 31, however, please consult with your financial advisor for your individual situation. Please contact [email protected] for more information or if you have questions.
- Giving Statements – We’ll mail annual giving statements in January, so please be sure to check that your contact information and mailing address in myTVC is up-to-date in order to receive your year-end statement in a timely manner! You can also use myTVC any time throughout the year to track your giving and print your own giving statement. Just log in and then click the “Give” tab on the left. Next, select “Schedules/History” and click on the “Giving Statement” button in the top right corner. You can then select from several options to create a customized, printable record.
If you have any questions about year-end giving, email [email protected]. We’re grateful for your generous giving and all that it has allowed us to do in our church, our community and around the world!