Having your wedding at TVC
The cost of getting married at TVC is $750 and includes 2 hours for a Friday rehearsal, 4 hours for a Saturday ceremony, the services of a coordinator/point of contact from TVC, and the services of one of our sound engineers. Additional hours and services may be added.
Those rules and fees are spelled out in the TVC Wedding Packet. Ceremonies can be held at TVC up until 5 pm on Saturdays. We do have to reset The Chapel and other rooms for our Sunday morning services, so if you wish to have an evening ceremony the wedding party and equipment needs to be out of the building by 7 pm. However, Pastor Jim typically doesn’t do any services later than 2 pm in order to give himself adequate time to prepare for the weekend services. You could have an alternate Pastor of your choosing, from TVC or elsewhere, do a service during our designated times on Saturdays.
TVCers (those who have been involved in TVC for 6 months or longer) are also welcome to take part in the TVC Marriage Prep Program regardless of where their ceremony is being held or who is officiating.
Please take a few moments to click on the link below and fill out our Wedding Request Form so we can get the ball rolling. You will need to complete the form if you are marrying at TVC, having a TVC officiant officiate your ceremony, OR if you are wanting to go through the TVC Marriage Prep Process:
Marriage Prep Program
- A meeting with a TVC pastoral staff member
- Read 2 of 3 books recommended by Pastor Jim
- 5-6 session pre-marital counseling package.
- Cost: $650 (TVC pays $300 towards this for you.)
- Upon completion of the counseling sessions you will receive a certificate that will give you a $60 discount off of TN state marriage license.
- Your portion of the counseling payment should be paid (cash or check) by first appointment.
- Volunteer in TVC Children’s Ministry (once), and with Second Saturdays (once)
- Meet with 2 TVC approved couples as marriage mentors.
- Meet twice with TVC Wedding Coordinator/TVC Technical Director regarding ceremony details (if marrying at TVC).
- Meet with Pastor Jim to discuss ceremony details (if Pastor Jim is officiating).
Please let us know if you need anything at all, at any step of the process!